For one of our clients, a Portuguese Information Technology Company in complex IT transformations in a.o. the telecoms domain we are looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to reinforce the Client’s team working in projects for their European customers.
About the role
Working for a tier 1 telecommunications operator in Portugal and overseas, you will have the challenge to perform Big Data engineering in different projects, with the cross effort in automating incidents from detection to resolution, solution modules Big Data & ML to detect, filter, correlate and identify root cause of issues.
As part of your job, you will:
- Data modeling, data ingestion and data processing applied to near-real-time use cases
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, fault-tolerant, and high performant solutions for large-scale processing systems
- Build data pipelines to collect data from different sources using real time or batch technologies
- Prepare, integrate, and consolidate data for different purposes
- Automate processes such as pipeline observability, continuous integration and continuous deployment
What are we looking for?
- Experience of 4+ years in this area
- Development with languages as Java, Scala, SQL, Shell Script, etc;
- Use of Big Data Tools as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Flume, Nifi, etc;
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases as Hbase;
- Knowledge of agile methodologies as Scrum, Kanban, etc;
- Experience in code repository tools (git, bitbuket).
- Experience in distribution-based architectures as Cloudera and/or cloud based.
Nice to have:
- Experience with CI/CD tools as Jenkins, Nexus, Sonarqube, etc;
- Ability to adapt to different contexts, teams and Clients
- Teamwork skills but also sense of autonomy
- Motivation for international projects and ok if travel is included
- Willingness to collaborate with other players
- Strong communication skills
Hybrid remote, Lisbon
Published: June 2022