For one of our clients, one of the biggest Dutch providers in Mobile/Fixed telephony, entertainment and Internet, we are looking for a Java developer to reinforce their Digital Engineering Tribe.
As a Java Developer Microservices you have the vision, drive and practical skills to build and maintain Microservices for our internal applications. You can break down the technical requirements into manageable pieces of code. You can develop that code and ensure it reaches production with the highest possible quality, in an agile way of working.
The Digital Engineering Tribe is a cluster of platform teams that help and enable the software development teams in in our client’s orgaization.
Within a squad of the Digital Engineering Tribe, you work together with your colleagues in a small and efficient team on the following areas:
- Customer Identity and Access and Authorization Management
- Customer to System API’s
- System-to-System API’s
This is what you bring:
- Proven hands-on experience with API and Microservices development in general and more specifically:
- Java 8/11, Springboot, REST API, SQL
- Git, Maven, JFrog, Junit
- Agile DevOps experience, including AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Believer and user of Test-Driven Development and CI/CD practices
- Leading by example when it comes to standardizing and automating everything you do
- You structure and document tooling and process standards as well as best practices in our internal knowledge base
- A true Software Engineering background and spirit
- A pro-active, challenging and innovative mindset
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership for feature/story-based software engineering
- Act as buddy in pair-programming
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our Agile software development for the Tribe as a whole
- 5 years in object-oriented development of technical software
- 2 years of experience with Agile/scrum.
- 3 years of experience with Java 8/11, Springboot, REST API, SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of agile methodology/ideology and scrum in particular
- Active listening, giving feedback
- Positive attitude and eager to learn
- Strives for continuous improvements, makes suggestions and encourage team members
- Thinking systematically
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
Hybrid remote, Utrecht, Amsterdam.
Published: June 2022