For one of our clients, a Portuguese Information Technology Company in complex IT transformations in a.o. the telecoms domain we are looking for a Junior Big Data Engineer to reinforce Client’s team working in projects for their European customers.
About the role
Working for a tier 1 telecommunications operator in Portugal and overseas, you will be working in a team that performs Big Data engineering in different projects, with the cross effort in automating incidents from detection to resolution, solution modules Big Data & ML to detect, filter, correlate and identify root cause of issues.
As part of your job, you will:
- Support the data modeling, data ingestion and data processing applied to near-real-time use cases
- Support design, develop and maintain scalable, fault-tolerant, and high performant solutions for large-scale processing systems
- Support the build data pipelines to collect data from different sources using real time or batch technologies
- Prepare, integrate, and consolidate data for different purposes
What are we looking for?
- Experience of 1+ years in this area
- Development with languages in (at least one) Java, Scala, SQL, Shell Script, etc;
- Knowledge in Big Data Tools such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Flume, Nifi, etc;
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases as Hbase;
- Experience in code repository tools (git, bitbuket).
- Experience in distribution-based architectures as Cloudera and/or cloud based;
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in CI/CD tools as Jenkins, Nexus, Sonarqube, etc;
- Ability to adapt to different contexts, teams and Clients
- Teamwork skills but also sense of autonomy
- Motivation for international projects and ok if travel is included
- Willingness to collaborate with other players
- Strong communication skills
Hybrid Remote. Willingness to travel to Lisbon on occasion
Published: July 2022